Thursday, August 17, 2006

Stairway

Stairway - Oshawa Creek - May 2006
Oshawa Creek - May 2006
Google Earth Coordinates:
43o 51' 57.91"N
78o 51' 36.84"W

Some of these are the size of dinner plates. Only days before they were just buds growing on this leaning dead tree. I had set my camera on auto for a previous shot and forgot to return the setting to manual when I took the photographs of this fungae, hence the soft focus. When I returned the next day to re-shoot, vandals had discovered this beautiful stairway of fungal growth and destroyed the whole lot. I can't understand the mindset of people who get their jollies by destroying everything that is beautiful. What is so sad is that the destruction is usually perpetrated by adults who should know better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been exploring your blog. Who knew fungus could look so beautiful?

I'm enjoying all of your shots. Thanks for sharing with the world!

August 25, 2006 6:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home