Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Puff Balls

Puff Balls - Southmead Park, Oshawa - September 2005
Southmead Park, Oshawa - September 2005
Google Earth Coordinates:
43o 52' 04.91"N
78o 50' 13.08"W

I had passed this spot the previous day and spotted these puff balls They were only about 1/10th the size they are here. I had forgotten my camera so I was unable to get picture. The next day, I returned to the park and couldn't believe my eyes. They had grown ten times their size in only 24 hours. They were larger than a softball. I returned the next day, figuring at their rate of growth they could possibly be the size of a soccer ball. As luck would have it, the town decided to mow the grass and they were scattered all over the park in little pieces.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheeeee...so squeeeeeezably luscious! Makes you wanna free-fall right into that yummy looking patch! Whoever knew that mold could be soooooo much fun?

August 16, 2006 9:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home