Monday, August 07, 2006

Shadows

Henry House, Lakeview Park, Oshawa - August 2006
Henry House, Lakeview Park, Oshawa - August 2006

This old drive shed is hidden behind a building and a new sterile concrete storage shed. I'd never taken notice of it before until I was looking for a good angle for another shot I was trying to capture. The porch was littered with all sorts of stuff which I considered to be clutter and not worthy of a shot. The morning sun had not yet risen very high in the sky and it filtered between the two sheds and cast these interesting shadows. I really like the peeling paint, the brass doorknob, and the orange padlock.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon closer inspection, it is the window shade that draws me in. I can feel it shred between my fingers as I fumble for the ivory crocheted pull that hangs from the wooden slat running alongside the bottom windowsill. I can smell the dank sharp scent of black mold that peppers its lower flap. That eye of yours delights more than the visual, my Caribou.

August 07, 2006 3:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home