Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Birdhouse

Birdhouse, Southmead Park, Oshawa
Southmead Park, Oshawa

I walk past this spot a couple of times a week and have never noticed this birdhouse before. The other day, when I was in hiding, hoping to photographing some deer that come to feed on fallen apples in a corner of Southmead Park I heard some birds squacking. When I looked up I saw the birdhouse attached to the the tree in the garden of a house that backs on the park. The park sits above the woods and marsh at the mouth of Oshawa Creek. I stepped back to photograph the birdhouse and noticed the roof of the old, weather beaten shed. I like how the new birdhouse contrasts with the old garden shed.

Here is a Google Maps satellite image of where this photo was taken or you can copy and paste the following coordinates into Google Earth:
43 52' 02.28"N, 78 49' 59.65"W

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home